Lamp bucket with LEDS
In this project we are going to make a lamp with form of dice of 12 cm of side where the faces are going to be perforated for the exit that the inner light.
To the left we have an example of a bucket with metallic profiles and translucent plastic.
For the profiles tin plate can be used, but this we will see it as second option. First that we are going to do it is to calculate whatever measures each face in case of using plywood of 4 mm of thickness.
In the following illustration we see a view of the bucket.
Then we have:
- The brown wood measures 12 xs 12 and therefore we needed two
- The red wood goes above from down (12 cm) and from the left to the right we must clear thickness of the wood, 0.4 cm of each side. Therefore, already we have other two wood of 12 xs 11,2 cm
- The part superior and inferior (green wood) is inside, that is it does not get to show. Their measures will be 11,2 Xs 11,2 cm
We already have the measures. On a table of 12 cm we took the measures in both sides
- 1 Point to 12 cm (we marked in each side of the wood). We unite points with a fine pencil both
- 2 Point to 12 + 12 = 24 cm. We do the same in the other side and we drew up the straight line
- 3 Point to 24 + 12 = 36 cm. Just like before
- 4 Point to 48 cm
- 5 Point to 48 but 11,2 = 59,2 (for the small tables but)
- 6 Point to 59,2 + 11,2 = 70,2 cm
We have the table as in the following figure
With the drawn up table and straight lines we go to the machine to cut it. It is necessary to advance slowly because the hair is delicate and it is possible to be broken
With a little sandpaper, we eliminated small chips. We already have the 6 faces of the bucket. The hour arrived to give the personal touch him. For it we drew a reason (the number of the data, animal, objects, random forms.).
Step number 5
As the diodes leds are going to be in the interior and the light leaves by the window that we have left (the drawing of each face) is important to paint the expensive interns with reflejante painting so that the light that affects, bounce and manages to leave by the orifice of the faces. For it we used white painting, paper aluminum, etc
Step number 6
We stick the paper of color in each side of bucket. Once dry already the bucket can be mounted except the side inferior where we are going to make our circuits with leds
Step number 7
We take a small table to make the circuit. Each point of weld we will do it on a thumbtack.
We have two options.
1 Circuit with a resistance by diode. In this case to calculate the resistance it is necessary to apply the law of Ohm. For a shipper of 5 volts, if it falls 3.3 volts in the diode, it must fall 1,7 volts in the resistance.
On the other hand, the current that happens through the diode is 15 mA and therefore:
We put the approximate value but of which one makes, that is 120 Î©
2 Caso. We use a resistance for all (less advisee but cheap). In this case, we have it tension that falls is 1.7 but the current is the sum of the three diodes: