Until the decade of the 70, all the operation of the systems of telecommunications was based on not programmed electronic systems .
Like the progresses in the systems of automotion, where a car of 30 years ago was constituted by pure mechanical and electrical parts, without taking part electronic systems that control the operation of the motor (computer), the systems of telecommunications have happened to be purely electronic systems (without programs that controls them) to systems where programs take part (software) to control different processes from the telecommunication.
We can define hardware as those physical parts of the system, that can work with or without software (it depends on the equipment), whereas software needs hardware to be able to be installed and to be able to execute the specific tasks of each of them.
The speed of work of hardware is limited by itself (speed of clock, type of bus, chipset, memories, etc), whereas the speed of the program does not have limits
Activity 1. In page 98 of the book, we have the differences between hardware and software. We consider that the section speed is not absolutely correct. Because?
Activity 2. To make a table with the differences of hardware and software and to add some but that does not come in the text
Within a full field equipment of telecommunications, we can group in subsystems following the activity that they have. Therefore we have
They are possible to be defined each of them of analogous way to since they have become in the module of microcomputer science systems in the case of the PC.
As review tasks, to answer the following questions
- What difference has between ram memory and ROM
- Work can a operating system without application programs?
- It looks for what is the ALU (in English). In which it leaves from the system it is?
- The line number of bus influences in the speed of the system. It explains because.
- Differences between a port series and another parallel. USB is of the type ______
- Because the memory I broke is so important
We already know software the type Windows, open office, navigators, etc. Specific the professional equipment uses program since very concrete tasks are designed for some.
A program (software) can be defined as a series of letters and numbers (instructions) that, belonging to a certain language, it realises some concrete tasks.
As the digital systems work with 0 and 1 and the programs must be writings as a series of 0 and 1, we will have a great difficulty in writing something so that it makes a as simple task as to add. It is necessary therefore, programming languages that can be understood by the man, but which soon they will have to be translated to the machine
Based on the complexity of that used language we have:
- High-level languages. Made up of instructions of the type to + b, where to and b they are two numbers. Other instructions can be exposes, add, remove, etc.
- Low-level language. Writing in code machine, but near being understood by the machine
In order to happen from one to another one the Copiladores are used. We write in a friendly language and soon it is translated to one of low level (that is understood by the device)
Some important concepts are
- Monousuario. The system only can be used by a user
- Multiuser. If the workers are several who can use it
- Monotarea. When the system only can make a task simultaneously
- Multitask. If it can do but of a task the same time
- Systems in network. When the connection to a network, the system can make use of the resources of that same network, such as programs, files, programs, etc
4 Operating systems
The Operating system as the set of programs can be defined that, installed in a certain machine, allow to manage the resources of the same adequately when concrete programs settle. For example, in the PC we have Windows, that allows us that the programs as a text editor can work, since controls and manages hardware:
of the machine.
Between the most outstanding tasks they are
- It serves as interface in the communication between the users and hardware as the machine
- To administer the resources of the system, the CPU, the main memory, etc
- Administration of devices, controlling the entrances and exits of data
- System management of storage, controlled the data that keep
- Job management
- Task management
- Administration of security (control of access to users)
5 Process of starting in an equipment
Once software can and is installed in an equipment, it is the day to day in the operation of the machine. It can happen that in a starting, after a failure of the system, the equipment is stopped in some process
Although we can have specific programs of diagnosis, is interesting to know in what point of the starting, the system shows the error to determine the block to us that is giving the failure
Following the equipment and of software, that review can vary, but there are some as simple as
- The equipment does not ignite. We will have to review the power supply in each one of the exits (to see pilots if they are ignited)
- Fed but it does not start. We must review the starting system. For example, the BIOS of a PC determines what unit is used for the starting
- Error in control of components of the equipment. In this case, if we have some element is working bad, the program indicates the error to us, for example, the etc, video card
- Other own errors of the system. Normally in the manual of the equipment it indicates a series to us of standard errors that we must consider. With very varied. So that this is understood, for example, in a specific washing machine, when e10 is indicated in display, it is saying to us that the pump cannot evacuate the water of the drum. It is necessary to look at these references in all the equipment because the diagnosis programs that come installed do not help to provide a fast solution
- Would a anti-virus system be in point 7 of the functions of UNDER?
- A program text editor flock a file. It is the operating system that is in charge or is the program?
- If we are sailing and we used the mouse to puncture in a connection, what does UNDER in this case?
For SDR, to see http://www.ea1uro.com/sdr1/sdr.htm
- To realise of form totally documented with images, the task of sharing a folder enters two connected computers the network.
- To make the opportune changes so that in a folder it is only possible to read but not to publish
- To do the same in another folder so that the writing and edition are possible
- To verify the speed of access from a folder to another one, using the LAN Speed Test program (Lite)